Thursday 6 August 2015

New Blog Series!



Exciting news today! I'm going to be starting my FIRST EVER blog series!

I recently asked on Twitter if my readers (still can't believe I actually have readers...) would be interested in a series of book reviews on free Amazon Kindle books, and the response was a resounding yes!

When I say that the majority of books I read on my Kindle are free ones, I am by no means being a cheap skate, as I'm a strong believer in paying for books to support an author's livelihood. It is more the case of me purchasing a Kindle whilst being a student with very little money - which has actually opened my eyes to the sheer amount of books that Amazon offers for free. And who doesn't love a good freebie?!

For those of you who aren't aware, there is a huge (and I mean, HUGE) and diverse range of free books available on the platform, and some of them are well worth flicking the pages over whilst saving the pennies in the bank. From old to new, chick lit to classic, fiction to non-fiction, if you haven't already poured over the pages of Amazon Kindle's free offerings, then it might be worth doing so! Obviously, not all of the books on there are of 'best seller' standard, but most that I have read so far are at the very least a nice way to spend a few hours, even if it's not the best written book in the world. On the other hand, most of 'the classics' are free (usually if the author is no longer with us) which, for me being a literature nerd, is perfect.

So, that's why I wanted to start this series. To begin with I'll just post them as and when I feel I've read one worth sharing, but I hope that this can become a regular feature on my blog - and also gives me another excuse to settle down with a cuppa tea and lose myself in a good book!

And yes, I'm fully aware that the picture at the top of this blog is of books and not a Kindle, but real books look so much prettier, don't they?

Have you read any free Kindle books that I should read?

Thanks for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment