Monday 3 August 2015

Summer Breakfast Smoothie

After I had arrived home from my summer holiday, I realised that the eating out had taken it's toll on me. I felt sluggish, unhealthy and was really missing healthy, home cooked meals. So, I once again have kick started my healthy eating. I'm one of those people who just can't leave the house without breakfast, so finding a healthy breakfast (I don't really like cereal) that doesn't involve bread was my first starting point, and for me, the most difficult as I will happily eat salad and veg with all my other meals.

I decided that the best way to get a healthy start to the day was to make smoothies with fresh ingredients. Now, I don't believe in this whole juicing craze, as weight loss through this method is usually only temporary. But for one meal of the day, I think it's a great way to get a good amount of the right nutrients into your body - though I'm no expert on this!

Although I like to make different smoothies everyday, I thought I would share my favourite recipe so far.


Recipe

  • 1 banana
  • a handful of ripe strawberries
  • 1 peach
  • 2 tablespoons of oats
  • 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon 
  • A small amount of semi skimmed milk
  • A squeeze of honey
  • 1 tablespoon of half fat crème freche

I added the oats (a tip from my friend Emily at dinedashanddessert) to keep me full until lunch time, and the cinnamon has great health benefits. To top things off, the strawberries make it a really pretty pink colour instead of a yucky brown colour that lots of smoothies end up being, making it look much more appealing to drink first thing in the morning!

Do you have any favourite smoothies recipes? Is there anything I could add or change to make it better for me?

Thanks for reading! x

6 comments:

  1. I love making smoothies for breakfast, it's such a refreshing change to a slice of toast or a bowl of granola! Banana based ones are my favourites.

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely! I love putting oats in as it keeps full, genius#

      Delete
  2. This looks so good, I'll have to try this xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tasted good too, feel so much healthier starting my day with a smoothie! Let me know if you try it! xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is super yummy! Can't beat a smoothies!

      Delete