Friday 18 November 2016

Capturing a moment: inspired by Hygge

This blog post isn't going to be especially intelligent, poetic or with purpose - and I make no apology for that.

I want to capture a moment; a moment of true peacefulness, happiness and simplicity in the midst of the day to day crazy.


Things I know to be true

I have a day off work. Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons. It's quiet, but I'm not alone. I am now writing, though five minutes ago I realised I was feeling restful.

I had plans for today but the snow has meant I've needed to cancel them. I live in the countryside, and driving is not a sensible option today.

I'm sat in my bedroom, wearing comfortable clothing, hair screwed up in a bobble, and I'm snuggled under a dark green, fluffy Primark blanket that I recieved as a thoughtful Christmas present several years ago. It's become a trusty comforter, a place of safety, warmth and cosiness.

Out of the window directly opposite me, thick, white flakes of snow are falling; sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Snow makes me feel peaceful. Maybe its because there is less expectation. I think I've become more introverted over the last 18 months. But that's not a bad thing. I accept this.

I'm reading The Little Book Of Hygge by Meik Wiking which has been loaned to me by a friend. My friend said I would love this. She was right. I think I'd like to move to Denmark. The Danes have got this right.

Note to self: adopt a more Hygge way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment