Monday 6 April 2015

Day 7 - End of my first week of establishing a healthy lifestyle and fitness routine!

Breakfast

Toast and honey, and a brew (Is it bad that I can’t start the day without one?)

Lunch

I knew we would be having a buffet style salad for tea as a help yourself kind of meal as we were having family round, so this style of meal is much more casual, more sociable and easier for us to prepare before hand. So for lunch I had sausages. Sausage sandwiches were on the menu for all, but I was aware that I had eaten bread for breakfast, so I made the decision to eat mine in a wrap with ketchup. Less than healthy, I know, but its Easter Sunday.

Exercise

Exercise was back on the cards for today. The workout was once again focussed on upper body. New today was cardio boxing which I admit I was very sceptical about to begin with, yet after I’d completely blown a couple of virtual punchbags I began to change my mind. I broke a little sweat and ended with a ‘long run’ (about 3 minutes). Tomorrow offers a full body workout though which I’m really looking forward to! I might regret that later but we’ll see how it goes.

Tea

The Easter Sunday buffet! I admit that the appeal of this was that I could control my own portion size, but on reflection this was disadvantageous really. I over ate because I got carried away catching up with family. But I’m not going to see this as a negative; now that I am aware of it I can keep an eye on it in the future – like next weekend for example when we have another similar family event taking place. However, it does mean I’ll have to pay special attention to what I eat this week, and maybe even try to up the exercise a little more – I’m feeling adventurous!

Bonus!

I am a massive lover of Pinterest and have been for a while now. I have a fitness board on it, and never really knew what to fill it with. Recently, I have been stumbling across some healthy eating ideas (maybe I’ll actually try them one day…) but never really knew what to post in it as motivation. I don’t like the technique that some others prefer, of pinning people with their perfect body. Fair enough, if that works for you, but for me it’s unrealistic to think I could look like that, nor would I want to be that thin – it’s just not one of my aims.

So I decided to search for some motivational, health related Pinterest quotes, and thought I would share an example of my motivation with you.

One of my favourites is a simple one, but acts as a reminder for why I am doing this: ‘focus on health, not on weight.’


On a final note here’s a little something that amuses me, and I definitely wish it worked like this: ‘I wish that each time I pinned weight loss tips on Pinterest I could magically lose 5 pounds.’ 

Extra Note

I may or may not continue posting everyday, I am unable to continue with the Wii workout as a 30 day fitness challenge for certain reasons (i.e. not being in a house with a Wii!) and am aware my food is less than exciting. However, I really like blogging so might try and think of other topics to write about in the future so that when I have established a healthy lifestyle and feel fitter, I can continue to blog. Any suggestions are welcome!!!

2 comments:

  1. Instead of posting daily, maybe you could do a monthly fitness round up? :) I've been enjoying health related posts recently because I'm trying to get fit myself so I know I'll be an avid reader x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yeah that's a great idea, thanks! Will hopefully motivate me to actually get fitter too! x

      Delete