Wednesday 23 September 2015

A life update!

ugly 70's fitted kitchen

Where have I been, you may be asking?! Or not, you've probably forgotten I even exist. That's ok, forgiven.

In case you were wondering what has been going on in my life, I thought I would give you an update...so here goes!

First things first... I have my first full time, permanent job! My aim after finishing uni was to have a job by the end of October; as most graduates are unemployed for 6 months after they finish, I'm really proud of myself for getting one sooner. And, the icing on the cake... its in marketing which is exactly where I want to be! Yey!

Second of all, since finishing uni and entering the so called 'grown up world' I have noticed how bad I feel in terms of health and exercise. So over the last 10 weeks (working temp in an office - very bad for the waistline) I have made an effort to eat healthier and better foods. I've always had an interest in food and healthy eating, but never made it a priority.

On a similar note, I've also joined a local gym! Having not undertaken any exercise for about a year - since I stopped latin and ballroom dancing - I have become so unfit, and I'm just not used to being this inactive. Joining the gym was so nerve-wracking for me, but I plucked up the courage to go anyway. I've really enjoyed myself the last few times that I've been - I have a very basic programme to do just to get me back into doing exercise, but hopefully that means I will stick at it longer.

And that's about it for now, but it does explain why I've not been in the blogosphere for a few weeks - not that it's really any excuse but I have definitely had other priorities!

Has anyone else had anything exciting going on? Or any health and fitness tips for me to help me stick to achieving my fitness and weight loss goals?

Thanks for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment