Sunday 29 May 2016

TBR list: #tometopple readathon

I've never taken part in a readathon before as I always seem to miss the beginning of them, but this time, it's happening. Whilst perusing my Twitter feed today I saw lots of people hash tagging #tometopple - so naturally I was intrigued by this. After some investigation, I discovered that this has been set up by Samantha from Thoughts On Tomes (you should totally check out her blog, FYI).

As those of you who read regularly are probably aware, this is the year I've really been able to get back into reading again after finishing my degree. But, whilst I've been working my way towards my goodreads challenge target of reading a measly 15 books this year (I know I know, it's very low!), I've been ignoring the bigger books on my TBR list as I'm simply intimidated by the sheer size of them. I'm hoping that by taking part in this readathon, I'll be able to knock at least one of these on the head. Bring it!

The readathon will take place from 5 June until 19 June and challenges us to read a 500+ page book. So in the meantime, I've put together a TBR list. I think it's a bit ambitious for me to read more than one, but as I'm trying to be more of a glass-half-full kinda gal, I've picked three.

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

745 pages













Lord of the Rings trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkein

1244 pages












Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackery

768 pages












I really can't choose which to read first, so if you've read any let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear if you're getting involved in #tometopple too. As always, I will review whichever I read, and all will be read... eventually!

Thanks for reading x

1 comment:

  1. That is a very ambitious TBR! I am participating and my goal is to read The Name of the Wind which is 660 pages. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete